Munters expands its digital solutions within FoodTech by acquiring a majority share of InoBram, a Brazilian manufacturer of climate controllers for farms and food producers.
Munters has acquired 60% of InoBram and has an option to acquire the remaining 40% of the company in 2027. The acquisition supports Munters’ strategy to grow its digital solutions for the food and agricultural industry and connects the entire food production value chain.
“The acquisition of InoBram fits Munters’ FoodTech strategy like a glove,” says Klas Forsström, President and CEO, Munters. It gives us access to valuable digital solutions sought by customers and allows us to grow in climate solutions for agricultural and food production globally, and especially in the Brazilian market.”
InoBram manufactures controllers and complimentary accessories for the broiler and swine segments. With the help of innovative software, sensors and connected solutions, farmers and food producers get the tools they need to improve animal health and increase energy efficiency in their operations.
“I am very pleased with the acquisition of InoBram,” says Pia Brantgärde Linder, Group Vice President and President business area FoodTech. “The company has valuable knowledge of digital solutions and a strong product offering of controllers, which complement our portfolio and support modern food production.”
InoBram is based in Pato Branco, Brazil, and has over 150 employees. Net Sales amounted to about MBRL 68 (approx. MSEK 139) in 2021 with a good margin. The acquisition will be accretive to FoodTech’s EBITA margin over time. InoBram has an extensive customer base of food producers in Brazil and has enjoyed good growth and profitability since its foundation in 2004.
“Our purpose is to encourage producers and their farms to obtain better results. We are very excited to be connected to a world-renowned company. Munters core values and innovation strategy with people at the core make perfect sense to InoBram and we are excited to continue the pursuit of our purpose and operations in Brazil, says Cleverson Faustino Brandelero, CEO, InoBram.”
Transaction closing is subject to certain corporate and regulatory approvals, including CADE (Brazilian antitrust) approval
For more information:
Investors and analysts
Ann-Sofi Jönsson, Vice President, Investor Relations and Enterprise Risk Management