When it comes to pet food, many people are not aware of the ingredients in the products they buy. Traditionally, petfood has been the by-product of the human food industry, using the waste from slaughterhouses and subsidized filler grains, such as corn and wheat which don’t belong in the animal diet. As a result, many pets suffer from skin allergies and gastro-intestinal issues, hence the emergence the “hypoallergenic” petfood mega category. Many brands have started incorporating better quality livestock ingredients from traditional sources, but another looming issue remains.
A little-known fact is that we share our planet with 500 million companion cats and dogs, who consume an earth-shattering 20% of the world’s meat, poultry, and fish. Livestock farming contributes 18% to global C02 emissions, making the petfood industry one of the largest contributors to climate change.
Launched in 2020 in the UK, and now available for the first time in the UAE, PERCURO PETFOOD is doing their share in solving the sustainability problem by replacing livestock petfood ingredients with clean insect protein, resulting in a 98% environmental toll reduction. PERCURO’S innovative product is also naturally hypoallergenic and better for your pet, since antibiotics and hormones are not required in insect farming, such is the case with traditional livestock. PERCURO PETFOOD is made entirely from clean insect protein and plants, all ethically sourced in the EU.
The list of benefits of Percuro pet food is extensive, some of them including:
- Sustainable and low carbon UK product
- Naturally hypoallergenic, meaning there is no meat, no hormones and no antibiotics found in the food. It supports itchy skin and sensitive tummies.
- Provides complete and balanced meals for every dog
- It is vet approved and endorsed by the British Veterinary Association
- It is cruelty-free, there is no slaughtering of animals
- It is composed of 100% ethically sourced EU ingredients
- It is a category taste leader, 92% score on independent taste tests
- It is currently sold in Waitrose and other retailers across the UK and EU countries.
Percuro petfood will soon be available online for purchase and can currently be purchased at:
- Dogwalk Daycare in Al Quoz
- Ripe Outdoor Market – Academy Park on Saturdays’ 9am-9pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org